Well flower folk as we prepare to GO! head long into a full blown community we’re pleased to post this founders update. Our aim is to make GSTF a vibrant online community with the core topics of health, travel, inspiration, food and books here at the main blog. Over at forums there’s a wide range of topics as more of a water-cooler feel develops there bit by bit.
During the next 4-6 weeks Deep and the gang will be implementing the new Buddypress software from WordPress, viral techniques, personal profiles (including your own Avatar pictures so we don’t all look the same here) as we prepare to launch the GSTF ezine & magazine in conjunction with Flora2000 and become a true online community.
Ensuring the content here at flowers remains interesting that can spark debate and help us learn from each other whilst attracting new readers are the 16 founders. All have something unique to offer and their % breakdown of content they’ll be posting at flowers is as follows:
- Mike French (UK) – 60% Books, 20% Inspiration & 20% Fun
- Aussie Cynic (Australia) – 40% fun, 30% travel, 15% health & 15% food
- Mighty Morgan (U.S.A) – 50% Inspiration & 50% health
- Taylor Blue ( Canada) – 40% Inspiration, 20% fun, 20% general, 10% food & 10% travel
- Funkygirl (U.S.A) – An equal split of Health, Food & Books
- Lib (U.K) – 30% travel, 30% fun, 20% books, 10% inspiration & 10% food
- Gareth in Thailand (Thailand) – 50% Inspiration, 40% travel & 10% food
- Blue Collar Goddess (U.S.A) – 50% Inspiration & 50% books
- Purple13 (U.K) – 50% Inspiration, 20% food, 10% travel, 10% health & 10% books
- SimpleZack (U.S.A) – 25% Inspiration, 20% health, 20% travel, 20% books & 15% food
- Arvind (U.K) – 90% Inspiration & 10% a split of the rest
- Anges Biz (Australia) – 50% Inspiration, 20% health, 10% food, 10% travel & 10% books
- AngryfromEllesmerePort (Abu Dhabi) – 25% Fun, 20% Travel, 15% Health, 15% Inspiration, 15% food & 10% books
- RYK (India) – 40% health, 40% food and 20% the rest.
- Jim (Dubai) – An equal split of all topics.
- Em (Dubai) – An equal split of all topics.
16 founders in total contributing to providing the unique content here at GO! Smell the flowers.
Dubai Guy, Bo and Empress Nightshade are leaving us as founders due to time constraints so we wish them all the very best – you’re always welcome to pop back to GSTF and post comments from time to time.
Rather than posting as Jim & Em we’ve decided it’s time to have our own badges and roles to play here at GSTF.
In October we’ll be converting the our experience & our books pages here at the site to community based pages during the coming months so any suggestions of what you’d like to see are most welcomed.
To all our founders in believing in GO! Smell the flowers and how relationships have blossomed here as a result and to all of YOU! We’ve had deaths, marriages, heart ache, hints of babies on the way and everything in between posted here to date with plenty more to follow as we all dig deep and share insights about our lives as a group. This takes courage to do and is becoming the essence of GO! Smell the flowers.
It’s going to be quite a ride over the next 18-24 months and the plan is to publish a GSTF community book about how it all started, the ins and outs, ups and downs, memorable discussion threads and how we’ve formed as a team starting from nothing and developed a deeper bond – planned for release in 2010.
It looks like it’ll be quite a gathering when we invite all the founders and active comment givers to head over to Dubai (we’re working on free flights) in 2010 for a GSTF gathering – watch this space – it’s going to happen!
Comments welcomed from founders, readers and contributors alike on where we could take GO! Smell the flowers. Cheers.