What’s The Worst Thing You’ve Found in Your Fridge?

Posted on June 5th, 2008 by mike

Mike here,

fridge.jpg

So what’s the worst thing you’ve found and what colour was it?!

And if you want a story of a fridge, here’s my first short story for a group called The Society of Midnight Wanderers, run by the Supplicant and one of our Flower Smellers, Mr Grudge.

Photo credit: IndieAddicted

26 Responses to “What’s The Worst Thing You’ve Found in Your Fridge?”

1. Purple13 says:

I’m almost ashamed to admit it – I have a terrible sense of smell you see (blocked sinuses) but I’d not long been married and my wife (now ex) was away every week at college doing a works qualification so i waved her off monday morning and greeted her back friday evening.

As her mum lived quite nearby, I was invited down for dinner each night.

Unbeknown (or more likely forgotten) my thoughtful wife had cooked a chicken on the sunday evening before she’d left one week for me to eat cold for dinner through the week.

Of course, when she came home on the Friday, the first thing she noticed was the smell of the chicken still in the oven – well it was apparently tapping to be let out.

And yes – I was never allowed to forget it.

2. Did you know that kosher pickles in a jar turn blue? I now know that…did not open the jar either.

3. Hmmm…it was fuzzy and unidentifiable. Scary, just throw it out, throw it out, I don’t want to know, she says to her husband.

4. Half a cantalope. I think it was dark blue and fuzzy/slimy. We had a contest to try and figure out what it was. Now I’m off to read the story!

5. Mike says:

I have to admit I smell everything and taste it before I eat it.

• mike says:

A good precaution mate – I might have to arm wrestle you for the Mike tag though. Or paper, rock, scissors?

Will the real Mike please stand up?

6. I guess I am the worst, I don’t even have a fridge..

7. Well, mom found an earthworm curled up inside a Green Bell Pepper once. Not as bad as Purple’s story though.

8. 2sweetnsaxy says:

Thanks for that link. That was great! Unlike that story, instead of getting rid of voices I think I’m looking for voices in my fridge, voice to answer the questions that sometimes plague my mind in the middle of the night.

9. Jim & Em says:

The worse thing we’ve found in our fridge was after returning to Dubai after 6 weeks of travel a couple of years ago- it turned out the power tripped the day we left leaving the whole contents of our fridge in 50 degree C heat in Dubia – the whole contents had rotted – green, smelly and rotten.

The whole fridge contents was the issue!

GO! Smell the fridge.

10. Can’t say that I have ever had any real yucky stuff in my fridge. I’m a bit pedantic for throwing things out after a couple of days if no-one has used them.

So, the Society of the Midnight Wanderers huh! I liked it Mike… damn them for waking you… cold milk can do that… tee hee!

Buzzing with Ange’s last blog post..Free Hugs Day Melbourne Video

11. ????? ?????? says:

Hi my family member! I wish to say that this post is
    awesome, great written and come with approximately all vital infos.
    I would like to see more posts like this .

Feel free to surf to my blog … ????? ??????
    ????? ??????´s last [type] ..לקרוא ביקורת

12. Hi to every , because I am truly keen off reading this weblog’s post
    to be updated daily. It carries fastidious stuff.
    http://www.dj-sv.com´s last [type] ..http://www.dj-sv.com