Hi from Dubai some 36 hours after we returned from our spell at the Koh Chang Spa, Thailand.
We stuck to the ‘getting back into it slowly’ by sticking to light foods since we broke that fast and declined to eat on the flight as everyone else munched around us. Weight wise we’ve both settled at 11 pounds lighter than when we started and time will tell if this is just going without food for 8 days or a weight that we can comfortably maintain. Clothes that were deemed to tight now fight a couple of inches have dropped of our waistline, without breathing in!
Jim’s first cooked meal was a veggie omelet with Em’s being a bowl of pumpkin soup. Taking too much heavy food on too soon can lead to, erm, problems with regularity that even a superhero would struggle to overcome:
So, our key action points now we’re back to reality we will endeavour to:
1) Never eat microwaved food again! We’ve binned our microwave oven. It serves little purpose apart from driving radiation into food and altering the moleuclar structure. We heard a tale at the Spa that a cat used to perch upon it’s owner microwave after food had been cooked – it liked the heat you see. One year later the cat developed a soccer ball sized tumour as a result of kitty soaking up the radiation from the microwave AFTER it had been used. Do you REALLY needs yours? The Microwave, not your cat.
2) Include some raw food in our diet wherever possible or if cooked then lightly, preferably steamed or flash-fried!
3) Eat food slower, chew it thoroughly and graze throughout the day, little and often and upping the amount of water we drink.
4) Erradicate cups of tea with milk and sugar as that was our ticket to open biscuits. Kettle on – biscuits open.
5) Cutting right back on food laced with refined sugars, processed starch, alcohol and wheat.
6) To practice 30 minutes of yoga everyday – got no time? Get up 30 minutes earlier.
7) Eating more nuts, seeds and pulses in between meals.
8. Remembering everything we eat should ideally help regenerate the body and / or be converted into energy to help our body & minds work to their potential.
9) Keep an eye on our bowel activity!
10) Learn to listen to our bodies regarding what food suits us – drains us or revives us. Different strokes for different folks.
We appreciate all the support here at GO! Smell the flowers – all your concerns, thoughts and comments over the last 10 days. On Wednesday we’ll be announcing what we’re giving up for the next 3 weeks and it may come as a bit of a shock to you when we write a post explaining what it is we’re taking time out from next!
So, do tell us your final take on our detox regime, the colonics and our action points. All are welcome.