So… if you are wondering where I have been lately, here is the latest Buzz with Ange
I have spent the last four days and nights with 700 like minded people at Jamie McIntyre’s Education for Life seminar here in my home town of Melbourne, and I am still buzzing. I would like to share with you one of the pearls of wisdom that I learned over the weekend which I believe is relevant for everyone of us. But first, a little background information about Jamie.
Jamie McIntyre found himself broke, sleeping on a friends couch, $150,000 in personal debt with no future prospects when he was only 21 years of age. Four years later, this young Australian turned his life around and became a self-made millionaire.
That was 10 years ago and now he teaches ordinary people some simple, low risk stock market strategies together with property investing and business strategies in order for them to build wealth for themselves. These seminars are held in Australia and New Zealand, and they are branching out to Las Vegas next year for the first time and there is also some talk about theses seminars heading over to the UK and Europe in the not too distant future.
The 20/80 Rule
One of the most important things to point out is that the strategies are only 20% of what will make you wealthy. The other 80% is your mindset. Anybody can follow these strategies but unless your head space has no limitations, then the strategies alone will not make you rich!
The biggest distinction I got out of the weekend is that there are three things which will determine your success at wealth building and they are:
- Language Patterns/Beliefs
Physiology relates to the way you hold yourself. Have you ever noticed that when you are feeling great, you stand tall, shoulders back, your breathing is deeper and generally, you have a happy disposition rather than if you were hunching over with a frown on your face? What kind of decisions do you make when you stand tall compared to when you feel like crap!
Focus is exactly that. We have talked about the Secret and we all get the gist of what you focus on is what you get. If you are aware of this, you know it is true. If we get upset when a bill comes in the mail and our focus is drawn to that, you are likely to get more bills and get more upset. If when we get paid and the bulk of it goes in living expenses before it even hits our bank accounts and we focus on “there’s not much left over,” then there won’t be much left over.
Turn it around and be grateful for the bills you receive as you have already had the opportunity to use that service. Example, your Internet connection. If you are reading this, you get billed for your connection so without it, you would not be able to join in with the discussions here at flowers
Language patterns and beliefs are a huge part of how we live our lives. I know there are some of you here who are completely happy with the way you live your life and that’s absolutely awesome! If you are seeking to find a way to smell the flowers on a more permanent basis, then you must become aware of the words you use and the beliefs you have. They can hold you back or propel you forward.
Over the last couple of weeks, although my time here has been limited by technical issues and being away from my laptop (at this seminar), I have been reading some of the comments and the limitations that I come across just make me shake my head and think “why would you say that!” And then I remember. Only 4% of people will ultimately live the life of their dreams because the other 96% are happy to follow the masses. DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING AND THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.
If you are interested in more of what Jamie has to say, his picture above leads to where you can download his ebook for free and you can read it for yourselves and then you will be able to make up your own minds on what he teaches. I know there are some of you here who already have it and if you feel comfortable sharing your thoughts, that would be great!
So tell me, have you noticed how you have been sitting while reading this? Are you aware of your posture when making important decisions? Does your language empower or dis-empower you? Hmmmmm…. something to think about