Well folks now that GO! Smell the flowers has settled down with our 20 founders as detailed from Founder Mike’s film fest we are proud to introduce our very own community award – The Flower Smeller badge:
This badge serves to acknowledge others who are, in their own way, smelling the flowers. They maybe regular visitors to this blog, one of the 20 founders blogs or someone that could contribute here who is yet to visit! Maybe they have recovered from an illness, written a book, made waves in the blogosphere, won the lottery, made a major shift in their life, won promotion, quit the rat race, raising a family, discovering their greatness and on it GO!s as more examples from around the world start to surface.
As this is the first award we’d like to present the honourary title of Flower Smeller to the following 5 folk who have either contributed to this community since the founders have been on board or have recently grabbed our attention in the blogosphere.
All run their own blogs on this round of awards so feel free to GO! try them out. They are, as follows:
1) Jillian and her from the gut slacker ramblings over at loquaciouslyverbose blog It’s as simple as that!
2) Zack over at simple Zack. From the heart philosophy written in bite sized chunks written around the attitude of ‘By all accounts, this is just my account of something real in a society that is fake.’
3) Making fantastic waves over at blog catalog just had to recognise one of the most popular and ‘say it as it is’ bloggers, we have offended blogger!
4) Michael over at writers blog Mr Grudge where ‘In writing, you follow the rules until you need to break them’ and he often does.
5) JJ Loch at nature shows who is one day hoping to be published with the knowledge that nature and writing GO! hand in hand!
You 5 and of course the 2o founders of GO! Smell the flowers can now GO! award this badge to 5 other flower smellers of your choice! All we ask is when you do you contact us and let us know the 5 you choose so we can add them to the Flower Smeller section of this community and people don’t award the same folks.
Here are the list of rules to the blogs you are tagging for flower smellers & founders alike:
1. If you are awarded the flower smeller badge or are a founder of GO! Smell the flowers then pop the flower smeller badge up at your blog and award it to 5 others by writing a post with links to the 5 blogs or websites that you choose.
2. You can award this badge to a maximum of 5 people per month from now until eternity as and when you come across more flower smellers.
3. Link to this post so that people can find the origin of where the award started and find their way to this community.
4. Proudly display the Flower Smeller award with a link to the post that you wrote announcing your award.
5. All flower smellers – be prepared to be approached to write a 500 word account of yourself to feature in our 2009 book – The Flower Smellers that some of founders will be featuring in – here’s a few examples we prepared earlier, in PDF format for now over at The Flower Smellers page. As more badges are awarded we’ll start a blogroll of ‘Flower Smellers’ and also include the links in the page, the flower smellers.
So, there we have it, well done to the first five flower smellers! Please accept your award here in comments and then award it to 5 other flowers smellers of your choice – when you’ve awarded the badge do remember to contact us with the details. Cheers!