The gyms would have you believe weight loss is impossible, without a gym membership that is used regularly. They are partially right, but that’s not to say there aren’t ways for you to lose weight, without setting foot in a sports centre.
Physical activity is ideal and helpful when you’re losing weight. Not only does it burn a lot of the calories you take in, but it also helps you keep the weight off. You could go for a run in the morning, or an evening swim before your PartyPoker marathon, and you’ll feel better about yourself. However there are plenty of you who hate doing anything remotely close to physical exercise. So ways for you to lose weight without visiting the gym include:
- Only eat the amount of calories you are burning off during the day. For example, women are only supposed to take in 1500 calories a day. So, if you eat foods that amount to less calories when added together, you will lose weight.
- Only eat when you are hungry. We have a habit of snacking when we are bored. Only eat at meal times, and when your stomach is growling at you, because this means it is empty and ready for more. If you eat when you’re not hungry, your body will store it up as fat.
- Don’t eat late at night. Your metabolism is slower in the evening, which will make you put weight on, because it isn’t digesting properly.
- Eat breakfast. So many people think the key to losing weight is skipping meals. You actually need breakfast, because it keeps you going during the day, and warms up your metabolism. This will make you burn calories faster.
- Drink water every time you feel hungry in between meals. This will not only fill you up for a little while longer, it will also flush your system and add to the pints tally you should be drinking a day.