The most impressive fountain display in the world!

Posted on July 28th, 2009 by Jim

Hi from Dubai coffee smellers.

Introducing the world’s most impressive fountain display, shot from the balcony of Joe’s Cafe at the Worlds largest shopping Mall,  Dubai Mall on a Canon 5D Mark II to the music of Bassbor ala fourgakm?:

YouTube Preview Image

Apparently 3 times larger than the Bellagio fountain display in Las Vegas. I’m tempted to head down there tonight from Jumeriah and lob some fairy liquid soap in and watch the bubbles rise.

What other superlatives will this place come up with and is it in bad taste considering the current global climate. Do tell and leave yout trickle of comments right here! Cheers.

15 Responses to “The most impressive fountain display in the world!”

1. Gareth in Thailand says:

Other than being the latest source of funding for premier league football players Dubai & its residents do seem to overplay its importance & relevance in the world. Day in day out its barely mentioned in other parts of the world.

• Red Dog says:

GIT I’ll think you’ll find that’s Abu Dhabi throwing their oil money down the toilet at Man City.

Dubai hasn’t got the proverbial pot to urinate in.

2. I wish I had known about this when I was in Dubai last time. The Bellagio fountain display is rather impressive — even after seeing the video it is hard to imagine that this is three times bigger.
    .-= Wil from Spot Cool Travel´s last blog ..The World’s Worst Travel Gear =-.

3. BoSnr says:

Hi Jim
    Great effects.
    It looks as if they are using the same computerised lighting as Pink Floyd but unfortunatly not the sound system.
    If they ever get it all together with Pink Floyd I will be there!!

4. When I saw the video, I had similar thought to the one you raised. Given the global economy, why such an expensive display; however, beautiful.

Please, don’t be tempted by the soap thing. I cost much money to clean it up as they often need to drain the water and is injurious or fatal to the wild life both in and out of the water.

The show is spectacular.
    .-= Clinically Clueless´s last blog ..Jewelry Contest~Just a Little Light-Heartedness!!! =-.

Its not that impressive is it?

I mean its alright but I wouldn’t specifically fly somewhere to see something that was manufactured.

It would be different if it were a few geiysers throwing some shapes.

• Red Dog says:

Lib

there’s a few geezers throwing shapes here…..

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn7cJjxmIgE&feature=PlayList&p=0A691436B72ED20C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33

6. BoSnr says:

Hi Red Dog.
    I think I have lost the plot—-
    What is this all about ??

HELP

• Red Dog says:

Well it was just a puerile play on words.

I paraphrase Lib when she said she’d make a trip to to some geysers throwing shapes.

Geezers is a slang term for men (sorry about the teaching of egg sucking) and I posted a clip of some men at a rave in 1989. Throwing shapes is a term for throwing yourself around to rave music, which has now distilled into throwing yourself around to any sort of music. Put 2 & 2 together and get 22.

I specifically chose 1989 as that is the big year of the illegal dance parties in and around the South East of England.

Let me hear you shout aciiiiiieeed

7. blog here says:

Yes! Finally something about here are the findings.

My web blog; blog here
    blog here´s last [type] ..blog here

8. Anonymous says:

Significa que van a demarcar un área del mercado,
    en donde tus servicios sean más requeridos; por ejemplo si vendes instrumentos para arreglar coches y tu tienda física está en Madrid; lo que hacen es establecer que te encuentras el
    negocio de reparación de coches y que los interesados serian las personas pertenecientes a Madrid ciudades cercanas.
    ´s last [type] ..Aprenda A䐾s aqui